To all my fellow Artisans and small business owners out there: I read a post by empapers on ScoutieGirl about making a list of accomplishments for the current year, before tackling that 2012 to-do list. Sounded like a good idea since I felt like I had such a challenging year.
So here goes:
- I created my own website from scratch and with no prior web-design experience.
- I took the plunge and officially registered my business – Ms. Veronicas Handmade. (Makes me smile).
- I put myself out there (some of you know how hard it is).
- I tried my hand at a second business as a Dove Chocolatier. It’s been a good start too.
- I came up with three completely new products and expanded my selection of cards.
- I gave back – to my family, friends and community.
- I’ve learned to love me more (faults and all).
- I’ve consistently blogged for a whole year (I still can’t believe that).
- I managed not to fail any of my college courses.
- I learned basic web design, html and css included.
- I allowed myself to be afraid and be okay with it. (the ‘being okay with it’ part was actually hard).
- I submitted work for two national organizations and had a poster selected that is not hung on Ellis Island.
- I did all this while working full-time. And I thank God for the strength and ability He gave me.
Yup, I did it and I’m ringing my own bell. I think a celebratory trip to the Jjimjilbang (Korean Spa) is in order.
I’d love to know what you did this year…